What We Believe
Providing a strong academic program that integrates biblical truths into every area of learning, to train children to be academically prepared for kindergarten, to be spiritually prepared for Christian service, and to develop a lifelong Christian worldview.
The Good Shepherd Preschool provides an excellent educational experience based on the authoritative and inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
Our goal is to facilitate the development of the student spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally and socially, all for the glory of God. Our purpose is to prepare and inspire students to do God’s will for generations to come (Colossians 1:16-17, Deuteronomy 6:2-7).
The Good Shepherd Preschool is committed to providing a school where God’s Word is purposely integrated in every area of learning. We are dedicated to establishing a safe and distinctly loving and nurturing environment (Matthew 6:33, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
The staff and teachers at The Good Shepherd Preschool are committed to developing students to think critically, be creative, communicate effectively and nurture a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:15, Isaiah 34:16).
The Good Shepherd Preschool is passionate about partnering with families in prayer, serving others and in the building of Christian relationships (Philippians 1:3-11).
- Pursue excellence in all things
- Model and teach servant leadership
- Uphold integrity and transparency
- Maintain exemplary standards of professionalism
- Seek to bring glory and honor to God in everything – our motivation, our actions and our relationships (Colossians 3:17).
- Provide an excellent educational experience in the context of a biblical Christian world view (2 Timothy 4:2-5).
- Facilitate the development of the total child – spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally and socially (Ephesians 3:16-19).
- Uphold personal holiness and integrity as living Christian role models (Titus 2:7).
- Minister to staff, students and their families, and the greater community (1 Peter 4:10).
Statement of Faith
Highway Assembly of God believes the following truths are central to a Christian education, and derive from the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the General Council of the Assemblies of God. It is our intent to integrate these truths in the activities of The Good Shepherd Preschool as an educational ministry of the church.
- We believe the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is inspired of God and is the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that they are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Good Shepherd Preschool Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice and discipline.