PreK-3 Skill Objectives
Pre-K3 Skill Objectives
Children as young as three are well prepared to start setting a foundation for academic success. In pre-K3 at The Good Shepherd Preschool, your child will work on developing the following skills:
- Motor Skills: fine motor skills development with things like painting and building blocks along with gross motor skills development with activities like kicking a ball and hopping on one foot.
- Academic Readiness: encourage reading, math, and conceptual readiness, including colors, shapes and body parts.
- Social/ Emotional: teachers guide students through appropriate social and emotional interactions, learning respect, sharing and concern for others.
- Listening: activities like listening to stories to answer questions, or taking instruction from teachers.
- Music: encouraged to sing and repeat rhythms in individual and group activities.
- Self-Reliance: teacher-guided instructions help students to become more independent.
- Spoken Language: circle time, story time, and teacher/peer interactions develop the ability to speak clearly and expand vocabulary.
- Art: students participate in art activities, learning to use materials properly and clean-up after each project.