As an educational ministry of Highway Assembly of God, The Good Shepherd Preschool is dedicated to providing a strong academic program that integrates Christian character and biblical truths into every area of learning. Our purpose is to train children to be academically equipped with a college-preparatory education, to be spiritually prepared for Christian service, and to develop a lifelong Christian worldview.
At The Good Shepherd Preschool, we believe that children need more than facts and figures to grow; they need values. Our curriculum is designed to educate and transform the whole person. We provide academic excellence while integrating a Biblical worldview throughout the curriculum
Our mission is based on 2 Corinthians 4:5: “For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake,” which we view as sharing Jesus and serving others. Everything we do is centered on Jesus Christ and our desire to lead others into a deeper and more meaningful relationship with Him.
- Pursue excellence in all things
- Model and teach servant leadership
- Uphold integrity and transparency
- Maintain exemplary standards of professionalism
Statement of Faith
Highway Assembly of God believes the following truths are central to a Christian education, and derive from the Statement of Fundamental Truths of the General Council of the Assemblies of God. It is our intent to integrate these truths in every activity of The Good Shepherd Preschool as an educational ministry of the church:
- The Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is verbally inspired of God and is the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary work on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His exaltation to the right hand of God.
- Man was created good and upright; for God said, “Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness.” However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life.